Maria Leontini Bournakis
A Background in Bankruptcy Law in Northwest Georgia
Maria Leontini Bournakis, born and raised in Brownsville, Texas, hails from the Lone Star State. She has a B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin in Government and Spanish and a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law.
“Tini,” as she is affectionately called by her family and friends, moved to Georgia in the summer of 2008 and began her career in bankruptcy law soon thereafter. She is dedicated to assisting her clients in filing for bankruptcy relief under the Federal Bankruptcy Laws with the hopes of helping them take charge of their finances in order to regain personal freedom and success.
Committed to the Community
Tini’s proficiency in English, Spanish and Greek has enabled her to serve many clients who normally would not be able to get past the language barrier. She has been dedicated to helping others through community outreach programs as well as within the Hispanic community.
Tini has gained several years of experience within the United States Federal Bankruptcy Court system which make her uniquely able to assist her clients with bankruptcy filing.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Government and Spanish, 2004
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2007
- State of Georgia, 2010
- Northern District of Georgia, 2010
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, 2012
- Member, Latin American Association of Northwest Georgia
- Member, Junior Service League of Rome, GA